- Low Glycemic index rating 35 (honey 55-70)
- Great natural sweetener for diabetics, people on restricted diets
- Reduces cravings and spikes in blood sugar
- Rich in 17 key amino acids which assist in the growth, repair and maintenance of body tissues
- Rich in glutamine and may assist in recovery from serious illness
Coconut nectar is naturally low on the Glycemic Index (GI), which has benefits for weight control and improving glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2) and produces slow release energy.
The major component of coconut sugar is sucrose (70-79%) followed by glucose and fructose (3-9%) each. Minor variations will occur, due to differences in primary processing, raw material source, tree age and variety of coconut.
Coconut palm nectar is high in Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc and Iron (similar to coconut water) and is a natural source of the vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C. It’s also very rich in other minerals and enzymes which aid in the slow absorption into the bloodstream.
Please note that some coconut palm sugar on the market is also mixed with cane sugar and other malt-based ingredients. Our coconut palm sugar is PURE coconut palm nectar. No cane sugar added. No maltodextrin added. Just pure, unadulterated coconut palm sugar made from 100% coconut palm nectar from Coco Nucifera, the green coconut tree.